City of Batavia and City of St. Charles
The Batavia and St. Charles Fire Departments are now accepting applications for firefighter paramedics with starting salary up to $74,214.. We are partnering to offer applicants the opportunity to apply and test once and be eligible for both departments testing process. After the written exam, each department will interview and create independent eligibility lists to be hired from. Orientation and Written Exam will be Saturday, March 9, 2024.
Looking for Skilled, Dedicated, Motivated, and Customer-Oriented People to Perform Their Duties as a Firefighter/Paramedic with Excellence While Serving as a Member of an Exceptional Fire Department in the Beautiful Fox River Valley.
- Vacation time, personal day, sick time, and Kelly days provided
- 24/48 shift work schedule
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, and health savings accounts
- Pension plan, retirement savings option, and retirement healthcare funding plan
Firefighter/Paramedic Minimum Requirements:
- United States Citizen
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Twenty (20) years of age by the last date for filing applications, although must have attained the age of twenty-one (21) to receive appointment to the position of Firefighter/Paramedic
- No older than thirty-five (35) years of age at time of appointment, except as otherwise provided by statute
- Must have a current State of Illinois Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter certification
- EMT/Paramedic licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) or provide documentation of participation in an IDPH approved Paramedic Program at time of application, with eligibility for appointment only after Paramedic License is obtained
- Must have successfully completed the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and ladder climb within the 12 months prior to the written test date of March 9, 2024
- Successfully complete all components of the testing process
- Meet the requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Rules; Municipal Codes, Ordinances, and contracts of the applicable community; and the Laws of the State of Illinois
How to Apply:
- Apply for both St. Charles & Batavia by completing one application
- Upload all supporting documentation in the online application first and then and submit the application by the deadline
- Orientation and written exam is schedule for Saturday March 9, 2024
- Additional testing information will be provided once posting has closed and applications have been selected
Online applications with all documentation uploaded are due by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 9, 2024.
The City of Batavia & City of St. Charles are committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are critical to our success.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.